- Words used in Minds for Minds Ltd’s Terms of Service ("Terms") have the same meaning in this Policy. Where there is any inconsistency between this Policy and those Terms, the Terms prevail.
Your information we collect
- We keep the following personal information:
- When a user signs up for particular services on our website they may need to give us the details required in our registration form and will need to keep that information up to date, including any payment account details (e.g. online payment provider account information);
- IP address and other information automatically provided via a browser when a person visits our website;
- Data generated when a user uses our services, including the following:
- The activity log with respect to the user's account (e.g. showing the time and date when a file has been uploaded or shared);
- Any files uploaded;
- Metadata about each file, such as its size and the type of file (e.g. whether it is an image file);
- The email address of anyone that the file has specifically been offered to be shared with using Minds for Minds's system. Note that files can be shared privately by invitation to specified email addresses or shared publicly;
- IP addresses of the computer from which a file has been uploaded and of any other devices that have accessed the file;
- Account and payment information including a record of all transactions on a user's account; and
- Direct communications between a particular user and Minds for Minds.
- Access to data is by way of nominated email address and password and it is a user's responsibility to keep these safe and secure.
- Users can usually remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser), but it may affect their ability to use the website.
- We may keep non-personal information about visits to the website or information which is obtained via cookies or other similar technology. In doing so, we may:
- join that information with other users' information and give it to advertisers in a way which doesn't personally identify any particular user;
- analyse and use this information for marketing or statistical purposes as well as to improve the way we do business with our users;
Why we collect and store your personal information
- We will collect and keep personal information about users and other visitors to our website to provide services and support to them related to the website and our services, to sell services to them and also for dealing with other user activities, market and product research and to be able to give users promotional material on our other services and special offers.
How long we keep your information
- We keep a user's data and personal information while they are registered users of our services but subject to our suspension and termination rights set out in our Terms.
- We may, but shall not be obliged to, keep data and information after a user's account has been suspended or terminated. In particular, we may but shall not be obliged to, keep data and information where we consider it necessary for evidential purposes relating to a breach of our Terms or with respect to current or anticipated action by any competent enforcement authority or other third party.
- If we think it is necessary or we have to by law in any jurisdiction then we are entitled to give a user's information to competent authorities. We reserve the right to assist any law enforcement agency with investigations, including disclosure of information to them or their agents. We also reserve the right to comply with any legal processes, including but not limited to subpoenas, search warrants and court orders initiated by enforcement authorities or other third parties. We may disclose a user's information to enforce or apply our Terms or any other agreement we have with that user; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our other users, third parties or the operation of our services and the website.
- The contract a user has for our services is with Minds for Minds Ltd but those services (including payment and personal data processing) may be provided by Minds for Minds Ltd's related or affiliated entities and by authorised resellers, in other jurisdictions, subject to applicable laws. Each user authorises Minds for Minds Ltd and each of those related or affiliated entities and resellers to share and store that user's personal information among themselves, as necessary to provide the services, subject to applicable laws.
- Other than as set out above, we will not sell or otherwise provide users' personal information to a third party, or make any other use of personal information for any purpose which is not specifically allowed under this policy or our Terms or is not incidental to the normal use of our services.
- We strongly urge users to use best practices for ensuring the safety of their systems and devices (e.g. via security upgrades, firewall protection, anti-virus software, securing devices). Minds for Minds will never send an email asking for a user's password, so do not be fooled by any such email since it will not be from us. We cannot guarantee the security of computers or devices nor of transmission from and to a user's computer over the Internet and thus cannot guarantee there will be no unauthorised access.
Credit Card Details
- We may send bills, service updates and various other notices by email to the email address listed in a user's account details or using any internal messaging system we may provide as part of our service.
- If appropriate, some of those notices will contain unsubscribe information so a user can opt out of further receipt. We will abide by any e-mail unsubscription request (other than those we need to send for billing, security or other service provider purposes).
Access to information
- Users can request access to all personal information we hold about them and request correction if it is considered incorrect, in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. To request any information we may be holding or a correction, please contact us by emailing <privacy at mindsforminds dot com>. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee as permitted by law to meet our costs in providing information.
- Questions and comments regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to <privacy at mindsforminds dot com>.
Changes to our Policy
- We may make changes to this Policy in the future. Any changes will be posted on the website.
This Policy was last updated 26 January 2017.